C’mon, don’t roll your eyes at me – you know you loved that one 😉 . Just because you’re jealous that you didn’t think of that pun first is no reason to go all hater-y on me and pretend you’re too good to laugh at my nonsense.
Anywho, not sure if you’re sensing a theme here at all, given my last week’s post which also included some S’mores elements (or some s’more S’more elements? Althought that’s making me start to feel like I’m getting into the repetitive “Pizza Pizza” pizza conundrum territory 🙂 ), but these little gems are s’more-licious as well. Does this have anything to do with the fact that I bought a bunch of vegan marshmallows and Golden Grahams and wanted to use them up? What???!!! Blasphemy, I would never do such a thing as create desserts based on using up items in my cupboard…. 😉 (give me a break here, check out your own cupboards sometime and just try and tell me that you don’t have a million billion shelf-stable things that you bought for some one-time use recipe and it’s still sitting there to this day. Sure you told yourself that that industrial-sized bag of Costco risotto rice would totally go to use. I mean, it was on sale right? You’ll start making risotto all the time now!
Or those chia seeds you heard were so good for you, but then got shoved to the back of your pantry to be completely forgotten about until the bag accidentally opened and little black flecks got everywhere inside your cupboard making you initially start freaking out thinking you were having some kind of crazy ant/ small insect infestation (or maybe that last thing only happened to me?). Whatever your rationalization, do you really need an excuse to eat more S’mores-based desserts? Of course not! (that was so obviously a rhetorical question Amber, why must you take everything so literally? :
*le sigh* – Amber you’re hopeless 😉 )
To add an extra element of decadence to these, I also opted to roll my pre-baked cookies in a little cane sugar. Now they’re sparkly too! (and thus perhaps reminiscent of the glow of a campfire? OK, not at all, but…you know…sparkles? Who doesn’t want that? Now you can toss a few of these cookies on top of your head and they can double as a tiara! Portable royalty snacks. Since they’re now technically hats (or, if you’re royalty and given these are really just flat things that you’ll need to attach to your head somehow – possibly using the stickiness of the marshmallows? – more likely a fascinator in addition to being a cookie, perhaps I should rename them? What do you like better “The Fascimore” or the “S’more-inator”? That’s not even a question…the “S’more-inator” is obviously the far superior name. Makes it sound like it can do triple duty as a weapon as well 😉 ).
Whatever you want to call them, just eat S’more of them and don’t forget to always marshmallow to the beat of your own drummer.
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted
- 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 1/2 cups flour (use bread flour for chewier cookies)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips/chunks
- 1/2 cup mini vegan marshmallows
- 1/2 cup Golden Grahams (or similar) cereal
- 1/3 cup chopped pretzels (optional – for extra crunch 🙂 )
- cane sugar for rolling cookies (optional
- Preheat oven to 325F and either grease or line a baking sheet with silpat or parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, cor syrup, vanilla extract and liquid smoke.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, instant coffee powder and salt.
- Stir into the wet mixture in two batches until just mixed (no need to over mix).
- Fold in the chocolate chips/ chunks, marshmallows, cereal and pretzels (if using).
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop balls of cookie dough and place on cookie sheet about an inch apart.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until only the very edges of the cookies start to brown (if even that long if you want them to remain chewier).
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.